Even water heaters have evolved with technology. Once limited to the tank storage model, homeowners can still consider water tanks, but also tankless options and even hybrids. Before you call your water heater installers in Cumberland County, NC, you must assess which options work best for your household. Here are five elements to consider in your water heater choice:
- Storage space: Traditional tank heaters take up floor space. If your current one occupies a linen closet where you would prefer to have more shelving, a tankless heater allows you to free up that space. It hangs on a wall, and many customers find their storage options expand as a result. Also, people who live in mobile homes often desire tankless water heaters for their space-saving properties. However, if the water heater has its own space in a basement or utility closet that would be used for little else, it is likely that freeing up space is not a priority and you will be able to accommodate a larger tank heater.
- Demand: A household of eight makes heavier demands on a water heater than a condominium occupied by one. Tankless water heaters provide hot water on demand, but they can have a hard time keeping up if requests are relentless. There can be a delay before hot water appears if your household is particularly demanding one day. If you have the storage space for an 80-gallon tank or two, that could be more reliable than hoping the tankless heater is willing to provide for the 11th shower of the day.
- Efficiency: Energy efficiency is a greater concern, not only for environmental reasons but also for long-term cost savings. A tankless water heater reduces energy consumption by up to 30 percent, and if you choose gas over electric, that demand reduces further. Homeowners who want to save on utilities often absorb the higher installation costs to enjoy savings over the long term. If you need a lower entry cost, it is possible to find traditional hot water tanks in energy efficient models. Each hot water heater offers an efficiency rating so you can get a good idea of your projected annual energy costs.
- Accommodations: Even if you desire a tankless water heater, there is a chance your home is not equipped for it. Tankless water heaters must be installed on an interior or exterior wall and have space for ventilation. If that is impossible, you must choose a traditional tank model.
- Installation costs: It costs less to switch out a traditional tank heater with a new one. You will pay less overall for the heater and for installation. Tankless water heaters require more effort to install, especially if we need to add ventilation or determine the best location for it. If you are ready to pay more up front, excellent! A tankless water heater may be right for you. But if you need working hot water promptly and money is not abundant at the moment, stick with the traditional option.
Affordable Plumbing Call Us 1st, Inc. are water heater installers in Cumberland County, NC. Whether you choose a traditional tank model or a new tankless one, we can assure it works well in your home. Call today to schedule your appointment.
Categorised in: Water Heater Installers