Homeownership has many perks. You can decorate as you please, plan and personalize remodeling projects and, at the end of the day, you get to relax in the comforts of your own domain. But, homeownership also comes with responsibilities. If the roof starts leaking or something goes awry with your plumbing, there’s no one for you to rely on to make the necessary repairs—it’s your responsibility! The best thing you can do for yourself is to be prepared by knowing how to find the right contractor for all types of home maintenance and repair needs.
Is your water heater on the fritz? Here are six qualities to look for in a contractor before moving forward with a new water heater installation in Cameron, NC:
- Solid reputation: One of the most important things to consider is whether the contractor has a good reputation, especially when it comes to dependability and providing quality services. On top of being able to show proof that they are licensed, insured and fully code-compliant, they should have no problem giving you a contact list of happy and satisfied customers in your area.
- Good customer service skills: A phenomenal contractor cares about their customer satisfaction, and therefore will demonstrate good customer skills from the first correspondence to work completion. They do this through active listening and responding to their customers’ needs and concerns. In addition to all this, they are responsive to needed corrections after installation.
- Vast industry knowledge: You don’t want just any person off the street to perform home improvements for you. In the case of a water heater replacement, your chosen contractor needs to already possess the knowledge to properly remove the old unit and install and start up the new one. They should also have the training to detect related issues that may not be apparent to you.
- Customizes services to your needs: The reason why a contractor will do an assessment of the situation first is to see what the problem is, how far the problem has gotten and if they can offer a long-lasting remedy. From there, the contractor will put together a proposal and will give a basic logistics overview, and they’ll let you know if the solution needs to be tailored for your home.
- Provides professional services: A contractor who provides courteous and professional services understands the importance of convenience for their customers. This may come in the form of extended hours—such as late night or weekend hours—emergency service anytime of day, stress-free financing options and excellent maintenance packages and programs.
- Offers warranties: When going over the proposal, a good contractor will let you know of any warranties that come with the new equipment, and any guarantees that back their work.
If you need a new water heater installation in Cameron, NC, look no further than the experienced and knowledgeable team of installers at Affordable Plumbing Call Us 1st, Inc. All tank-type water heater purchases that are installed by our team come with a six-year manufacturer warranty, which we honor. Contact us for more information today!
Categorised in: Water Heater Installers