Both homeowners and renters know that plumbing issues are no fun. The worst part about it is that, unfortunately, most plumbing problems are not easy to detect or even identifiable in the absence of a professional eye. By the time a problem is noticed, it’s too late, the damage has been done—including corroded pipes, rot in the walls and indoor flooding—and it will be expensive to remedy the situation. To save yourself from headaches and costly property damage, and to help prevent damage from getting worse, it makes sense to get familiar with the warning signs of plumbing that’s about to go south.
Let’s take a look at five of the most common plumbing issues that plumbers in Raleigh, NC want you to be aware of:
- Noticeable drop in water pressure: Dropping water pressure in plumbing systems is not normal. It typically means either there is a blockage somewhere in the pipes or there’s a leak within the system. If your water pressure drops, don’t ignore it. Call a professional as soon as possible, especially if the water pressure is low throughout the entire house or building.
- Clogged toilets or slow drains: Everyone will experience a clogged toilet and slow drains at some point during in their lifetime. The most common reason for toilet clogs is flushing items that should not be flushed. But nip these common plumbing annoyances in the bud—try unclogging the toilet yourself or hire a plumber for persistent clogs—and you are more likely to avoid a costly plumbing catastrophe down the road.
- Drippy faucets: Drippy faucets are irritating, to say the least. Dripping faucets in the bathroom, kitchen, laundry room, basement and even faucets on outdoor water fixtures should not be ignored. For one thing, the drip-drip-drip sound will drive you crazy, and it can waste a lot of water, which can lead to rusting of surrounding parts. It may also contribute to water pressure issues.
- Rising water bills: Just like when you see a rise in your monthly energy bill, if you notice a huge increase in your water bill, you are going to search for the cause. First, ask yourself whether you’ve been using more water lately—like watering the lawn or plants more heavily, or maybe your household has grown and more indoor water is being utilized. If not, there may be a leak in your plumbing system.
- Obvious water damage: Catching a plumbing problem early is key. Learn to recognize the characteristics of water damage on walls, ceilings and floors—like soft or bulging spots, water stains, wood rot and mold or mildew growth. Unfortunately, your particular plumbing issues might be hidden behind a wall or under the floor, and you may not find out about it until it’s too late.
It’s important that you not ignore even the smallest sign of a plumbing issue. Luckily, you are now more aware of the potential plumbing problems that could befall your home or business building. Get in touch with us at Affordable Plumbing Call Us 1st, Inc. and we will send one of our expert plumbers in Raleigh, NC to your location!
Categorised in: Plumbers