There are many good reasons to leave major home repairs to the professionals. For starters, contractors have gone through the training that’s needed to perform quality services in their field, such as plumbers doing maintenance or repairs to plumbing systems. A knowledgeable plumber can take on the responsibility of fixing the important water fixtures in your home—including toilets, sinks, faucets and the water heater. So you don’t end up with more damage than you started with, make sure to hire an experienced plumber with good ratings.
Here are six tips for hiring the right provider of plumbing services in Raleigh, NC:
- Seek recommendations: Your first step should be to get plumbing company recommendations. You should ask home-owning family members and friends who they call for plumbing repairs and maintenance, but also search through online reviews, comments and ratings from past and current customers. Once you have a few recommendations, you might want to look them up on the Better Business Bureau’s website to check for legitimate complaints against them.
- Make sure they are licensed and insured: It’s very important to make sure that any plumbing company is licensed to perform plumbing work in the state you reside in (although some states do not require plumbers to hold a license). All plumbers should be insured, and in some cases bonded, too. Their having insurance protects not only the plumber, in the event of injury or an accident on your property, but you as the homeowner.
- Find out how long they’ve been in business: Typically, you want to hire a company that has been in business for a long time. This is because there’s a better chance that they will provide excellent customer service and stellar workmanship. Just be sure they have a proven track record of doing quality work.
- Get estimates: You want to know the cost of the overall job, including labor and parts, but you also need to seriously consider getting service estimates from a few companies. Be wary of a plumber who quotes the same service significantly lower than the others, as well as one quoting way above the average price.
- Inquire about warranties: Find out if their services and replacement parts come with warranties, and what the warranties cover. It’s not unusual for plumbers to cover their work for at least one year, but you should question a plumbing contractor or company that refuses to guarantee any of their work.
- Ask for references: Plumbers with good standing in the industry and who’ve been in business for many years will be able to produce references from clients. It’s best to pass on a company that is not willing to give or does not have references.
Pipes and drains may not function properly without plumbing maintenance and repairs. Whether you need to hire a plumber for residential or commercial plumbing services in Raleigh, NC, look no further than the team of skilled professionals at Affordable Plumbing Call Us 1st, Inc. Contact us to schedule a service appointment today!
Categorised in: Plumbing Services