Lots of people take their plumbing systems for granted—until something goes wrong, that is. Dealing with a major plumbing issue is never an enjoyable experience, and that’s why it’s so important to pay attention to smaller signs of plumbing problems before they become major issues that require extensive plumbing services in Raleigh, NC. Understanding a few of the signs of drain blockages can help you take care of the problem more proactively to avoid more extensive damage to your plumbing system.
There are a number of different ways that your plumbing can become obstructed. Oftentimes, plumbing blockages occur slowly over time as grime, grease and fatty substances build up inside your system and trap hair, food particles and other debris to create blockages and restrict normal water flow. Here are some signs to watch out for:
- Slow draining: If you’ve noticed that your sinks, tubs and showers are becoming slower to drain, it’s likely that you have some kind of obstruction in your system. Oftentimes, obstructions build up slowly over time, so this issue might not be as easy to identify as some other, more acute plumbing problems.
- Gurgling drains: Gurgling noises coming from your drains indicate that there is air trapped in your plumbing system. This is often a result of greasy buildup in your pipes. In other cases, this issue is a result of damage to your sewer line. Regardless of the source of the problem, it’s important to get professional plumbing services in Raleigh, NC right away to get things flowing again.
- Toilet backups: While it’s normal for a toilet to back up every once in a while, you shouldn’t be experiencing this problem on a regular basis. If your toilet is backing up constantly, you probably have a clog in your plumbing system that needs to be cleared.
- Unusual odors: Unpleasant smells coming from your plumbing system usually indicate that there are food particles or deposits of grease building up in your pipes. If you smell rotting food in your kitchen sink, you should request professional plumbing services in Raleigh, NC to clear out obstructions. A plumber can use a water jet tool to clear out food particles and other debris.
- Standing water on your lawn: If water is accumulating in patches on your lawn, there is likely a problem with your sewer line. It’s important to have your sewer line inspected if you experience this issue, especially if you have trees with large root systems that might be interfering with your plumbing.
If you are concerned that you might have a drain blockage in your home or business, reach out to Affordable Plumbing Call Us 1st, Inc. today. Since 1993, our team of professional plumbers and technicians have specialized in comprehensive plumbing services to help you keep your home’s or business’ plumbing system operating reliably and efficiently for years to come. Regardless of what your specific concerns or needs may be, our team would be happy to help you. Learn more about all of the services that we offer by giving us a call today.
Categorised in: Plumbing Services