The plumbing in your home or business plays a critical role in supplying and disposing of water in sinks, toilets, bathtubs, showers, washing machines and dishwashers, and when it’s working the way it should, you might not even remember it’s there. However, sometimes you might become suddenly and acutely aware of the system of drains and pipes running through your home or business because of a major leak or drainage problem.
When this happens, it’s common to feel a moment or two of panic. It’s important to understand some of the most common problems with plumbing systems and which issues require immediate attention from a professional. The most important thing to do when something goes wrong with your plumbing system is to call a professional plumber who can provide you with emergency plumbing repairs in Raleigh, NC. Here are some warning signs that you have an emergency on your hands:
- Abnormal water movement through pipes: If you hear water running through pipes even when nobody is using the water, it’s a sign that you might have a leak. Look underneath sinks and around pipes to check for any signs of leaking, like mold and mildew growth or brown spots on ceilings and walls. Make sure you tell your plumber about any signs of leaks when they arrive to work on your system.
- Decreasing water pressure: Low water pressure is a common annoyance in homes and businesses, and there are a number of different causes. If your water pressure has been decreasing slowly over time, it may be because of an accumulation of debris in your pipes, or calcium buildup in older galvanized pipes.
- Gurgling in toilets: When your toilet makes a gurgling noise, it’s almost always because of an obstruction somewhere in your system. This gurgling sound is especially common while you’re taking a shower or running the washing machine or dishwasher. This is a clear sign that you need plumbing repairs in Raleigh, NC as soon as possible.
- Foul odors: If you start to smell foul odors in your kitchen or bathroom, it’s possible that a sewer line has broken somewhere in your system. When you start to smell rotten eggs, it’s time to give your plumber a call!
- Slow draining speed: Slow draining is a clear indicator of a drain clog. You can try a couple different drain cleaners and home remedies to clear the obstruction, but a professional plumber will be able to provide you with a more effective solution to this problem.
If you’re experiencing one or more of these common plumbing issues, don’t hesitate to ask for professional help from Affordable Plumbing Call Us 1st, Inc. Since 1993, our team has been helping customers with a wide variety of plumbing services and repairs that keep their systems in the best condition possible. We are proud to offer competitive prices and warranties that allow you to get the best value for your money. Give us a call today and schedule service with our highly qualified plumbing technicians.