Drains play an essential role in your home. They are responsible for diverting used water and waste from your home and sending it out through the proper channels. Unfortunately, even the best drainage systems can experience issues at one time or another. Whether it be from debris buildup or extreme weather, drains can become cracked, obstructed or ineffective. In order to prevent costly repairs and maintain the quality of the drains in your home, it’s important that you pay close attention to their function. In general, problems with your drains will only get worse over time if they are not fixed, so you should be aware of any problems or indications that you may need drain cleaning in Raleigh, NC:
- Slow draining: Before your sinks or bathtubs stop draining completely, they will probably develop a slow drain. In the kitchen, slow draining is a common indication of an accumulation of soap or greasy substances that have been poured down your sink and are now causing an obstruction that prevents proper drainage. In the bathroom, slow draining is often caused by hair going down the drain during showers or baths.
- No draining: If you frequently see standing water in your sinks or bathtubs, you are most likely dealing with a drain clog. Clogs can be caused by a number of things. If draining seems to stop suddenly, it’s possible that there is some kind of object stuck in your drain, although it might also be caused by a buildup of debris over time.
- Overflow: An overflowing toilet is a clear indicator of a drainage obstruction. In many cases, you will be able to fix the problem by simply using a plunger to free the clog. If, however, your toilet is consistently overflowing and plunging doesn’t seem to help, it’s likely that there is a buildup of waste or debris deeper down in your plumbing system.
- Bad odor: Nobody likes being confronted with an unpleasant smell coming from the kitchen sink. If you notice a bad odor or rotting stench coming from your drains, even when your sink is clean, it could be that there are food particles or other debris lodged in your drain. Thankfully, drain cleaning in Raleigh, NC can clear out any food and get rid of the odor in the process.
- Water backup: Water that comes back up through the drains in your sinks and tubs rather than draining as usual may be caused by an object lodged in your pipes. It’s a good idea to contact a plumber if water is backing up, since you will need professional drain cleaning to address the problem.
To ensure that all of the drains in your home or business are working like they should, consider contacting Affordable Plumbing Call Us 1st, Inc. for drain cleaning in Raleigh, NC. We are plumbing experts with 25 years of experience providing commercial and residential plumbing services. Regardless of the scope or the scale of the plumbing services you need, our team would be happy to help you. Contact us today for rates and to schedule an appointment.