Do you have a good sense for figuring out how things work and what they need to thrive? Do you want a well-paying career that will never have a shortage of work? Professional plumbing might be right for you—and now may be the perfect time to start your plumbing career. Plumbers are in high demand, thanks to a shortage of skilled plumbers across the nation. Here’s why you should consider a plumbing career in Raleigh, NC:
- It doesn’t require devastating student loan debt: It’s hard to avoid the news surrounding student loan debt these days—people spend outrageous amounts of money to prepare for the workforce, and aren’t necessarily guaranteed a job. You can avoid hefty student loan debt right out of the gate by going for a plumbing apprenticeship and vocational training. It costs a fraction of the price, and the benefits far outweigh the minimal cost.
- There will always be work: Plumbers usually have a steady stream of work, thanks to the perennial necessity of the field. Whether putting in new plumbing or repairing a plumbing failure on-site, society needs running water, sewage and gas—and the people who know how to install those systems.
- Plumbers are in high demand: Right now, thanks to the Baby Boom generation retiring, there is a shortage of skilled plumbers in Raleigh, NC. That means it’s the perfect time to start studying for and working as a plumber—someone has to pick up the torch and run with it.
- You’ll start making money right away: Since there’s always plenty of work for a plumber, and you won’t have to take out tens of thousands of dollars in student loans, being a plumber means you’ll start making money right away. Rather than sending money to Sallie Mae, you can invest it in your own career growth.
- Plenty of opportunities for growth: Speaking of opportunities for career growth, a career in plumbing can open a lot of doors. As you work on various jobs, you’ll improve your network, contacts and experience, which will lead to further jobs. The more experience you have, the better jobs you’ll get. It’s easy to move up the ladder in a plumbing career.
- Practically recession proof: The economy might be crashing, but plumbing is a generally recession-proof career. People still need running water and toilets, so you’ll never be out of work. There can be slower times, but for the most part, you’ll find that plumbing careers offer steady work no matter what’s going on in the rest of the world.
- Great job satisfaction: Last, but certainly not least, plumbing offers great satisfaction. If you’re the type of person who loves to sit down with a problem and solve it, you’ll enjoy being a plumber. It gives you the opportunity to come up with logical, creative solutions while doing practical, honest work.
Affordable Plumbing Call Us 1st, Inc. has been Raleigh’s premier plumbing service since 1993. Looking to join the plumbing workforce, or just need repairs in your home or business? Call us today!