Hiring a plumber isn’t an insignificant decision, and picking the wrong service provider can leave you with even more problems than you started out with. Since there are some many different providers advertising plumbing services in Raleigh, NC, it’s important that you understand the red flags that you should look out for during the hiring process. By knowing what you should expect from a reputable plumber, you can identify service providers that you should avoid hiring. Keep an eye out for the most common warning signs of an unreliable plumber and make sure to hold out for a service provider who will meet all of your requirements:
- No proof of licensure: Proper licensing and insurance is essential for any service provider who works on your home or business. Unfortunately, some plumbers might claim that they have a valid license even if that’s not the case. Make sure to verify the licensure status of the plumber you are planning on working with before you hire.
- Aggressive sales tactics: Nobody likes to be pushed around when they get service, so don’t work with a plumber who takes an overly aggressive approach to service negotiation. If you ask for a specific service and your plumber tries to sell you on several unnecessary add-ons, it may be best to work with a different company.
- Insufficient or nonexistent references: Asking for references from a plumbing contractor is a perfectly reasonable thing to do. If you ask for a list of references and the plumber you are interviewing doesn’t have any, it might be time to consider a different service provider. Quality plumbers are proud of the service they provide and should have no trouble connecting you with previous customers who are willing to act as references.
- Pricing inconsistencies: Getting multiple quotes for the same service from a variety of different service providers can give you a pretty good indication of what a reasonable price is. When you’re comparing quotes, rule out the ones that seem to be excessively high or suspiciously low. Prioritize the value of the service you receive instead of giving your business to the lowest bidder.
- Unclear communication: Communication is key when you’re receiving service for your home or business. A plumber should be open and honest with you about the repair that is necessary, the estimated cost and any complications that arise along the way. You can gather a lot of information about how well a plumber will communicate in your initial interview with them.
At Affordable Plumbing Call Us 1st, Inc., we are familiar with the damage that an unreliable or inexperienced plumber can do, which is why we are proud to offer service from a team of trained professionals. We offer plumbing services in Raleigh, NC to commercial and residential customers alike, and have a longstanding reputation for exceptional work and customer satisfaction. Whether you have a plumbing emergency or you’re looking for a service provider to offer regular maintenance for your system, we would be more than happy to help. Get in touch today to learn more!