Plumbing is significantly more complicated than one might think. The network of drains, pipes, valves and other pieces create a system that effectively ushers water in and out of your home. While you might be able to fix a small problem like a clog of hair or a toilet chain malfunction, more serious issues will require the guidance of experts. But some issues jump right out at you, whereas others lurk unseen.
How do you know when you need to call for plumbing services in Raleigh, NC? Read on to find out the top signs that your plumbing system needs closer attention from an expert:
- Water bill: Has your water bill taken a sudden, unexpected jump? You may just shrug it off as one of those things or assume that your water rates went up. But this could be faulty reasoning—often, a ballooning water bill is a sign of leaky pipes. You probably haven’t noticed this leak, but it’s causing problems beyond paying a bit more for water. Leaks are liable to result in structural damage to the property. This is definitely a case to bring in a licensed plumber and find the source of the problem.
- Rattling pipes: While pipes in older homes may rattle now and then, in some cases, this sound is a harbinger of more dire issues. It could be that there’s a loose pipe somewhere or that the water pressure needs to be adjusted. Luckily, a trusted plumber can handle these issues.
- Poor drainage: This is the most common call plumbers receive. Over time, debris, hair and foreign objects may block the drain. Sometimes it’s easy to remove the clog, but other times it takes the hand of an expert who’s also equipped with the tools to do the job.
- Bad smell: Any kind of foul-smelling drain or toilet is reason for concern. This is likely linked to either mold growing in the pipes or a more significant sewer issue. Call in the pros to take a look.
- Water discoloration: If your water isn’t looking fit to drink, it may be because of issues in the pipes. These may include deposits of copper, lead and rust, which could be affecting your health.
The bottom line is that you’ll need professionals in plumbing services in Raleigh, NC to take care of your plumbing system. At Affordable Plumbing Call Us 1st, Inc., we’ve established ourselves as the go-to provider for residential and commercial plumbing repairs in the area since 1993. No matter the job, we can handle it—from simple leak detection and drain unclogging, to water and sewer line replacement and beyond.
Our plumbing contractors provide a wide range of services, including repairs, installations, replacements, maintenance and inspections, giving our customers peace of mind in our abilities. We only utilize the best equipment available on the market and are pleased to offer our services at the most competitive prices and with leading warranties. Contact us when you have plumbing needs and see why our customers are customers for life!